Component 3: Branding Research

This post written by me, Nayana, has my research on the branding specifically, which includes for social media and digi pak. If you would like to see my video research, you can check this blog https://nayanamediastudies.blogspot.com/2023/10/component-3-research.html

Olivia Rodrigo


Her logo was very eye catching as how it uses swiggly drawings for the letter - this gives sense of youth and freedom (flexibility) as how it is not structured and rather complement each other. The album cover is very simple and basic so it may be easy to recreate though it wasn’t the vibe I was looking for though it was a good symbolism of young souls today. Her social media was very personalized and it felt “down to earth” it shows her humane side and life outside of being a celebrity. It doesn’t have a set theme so it felt somewhat like a collage of her life due to its variety. I loved how she tries to connect with her fans with her handwritten letter which felt more personal and appreciative of her fandom.

Overall I would love to incorporate how she interacts with her fan and the collage concept in the social media for our star. Though I liked the logo, it doesn’t have the suitable pretty and girly feel I want to go for. For the album cover itself, it is definitely not something I would go for. I want to do something a bit brighter and more colorful, matching to the mood board and the scenes we will be setting. 

Taeyeon


I specifically researched on one of her earlier albums called, “Why”. I feel like K-Pop artists are very known for their album designs hence why I did a research on this album as well. Her color palette, I feel matches the colors we are going for and the style of the music video also feel very similar to what we want to make. I really liked her album, it is very cohesive and organized, nicely simple and very soft. I love the photoshoots the artist did for this album and I wish I can do something similar with this. During this era, her instagram page strictly was on promotion; she posts pictures from her shoot and from the music video as seen in the right Instagram page. I really liked the layout of the Instagram page section on the left where it has pictures of her, focusing on her.

Overall I really liked the album and her social media page during that era but I want to make the page more personal and more engaging to the audience. The album was simple but I’m not sure in factors of it could stand out from the rest.


Self Reflection:
It was difficult to find all the content and needed materials to complete my research so it took me longer time than expected. I found it to be difficult to also find existing albums that have the vibe I want to go for, for our own album cover which is why I mostly direct to the moldboard for my inspiration. However, this research helped me to know what should be included in our branding and the conventions of our style.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Component 3: Final Piece

This blog post, written by me (Nayana), contains the final piece of our music promotion package project. Music Video   Use this link in case...