Mini Project: Lip Sync Video

This blog post features my team's exploration and experimentation with lip sync for our actual music video project.

We have been given a task to make a lip-sync music video for the classic "I Want It That Way" by the Backstreet Boys. Through this task, we wish to learn more about making a music video and the process behind it, we also wish to create a fun music video. We also want to learn more about the techniques used to produce such a video - filming and editing - that can be used in our project. 

Below is the brief we were given and the lyrics we were assigned to.

Storyboard

Here are the 2 final videos, 1 for each verse

or you can access it through this Google Drive: 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iotpPSa_dAI5Ou8dLWm9atBrxvzriyd2/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zSql4rH7aFlXsv2oHp-0az8zfbs7rftW/view?usp=sharing



Reflection

During the filming of this project, unfortunately, I couldn't contribute much as I was occupied with my exam. Although I heard from my teammate regarding the progress of this project, we really tried to experiment with camera angles and techniques and I think we did it pretty well - we incorporated medium shots, close-up and wide shots and we also explored locations so there are more variety. 

Through the small part of the shoot I joined, I realized how difficult this music video could be as if the person is not as connected to the song it could make the whole scene feel more awkward and it just doesn't feel as whole so it would be important to find the perfect person for our actual music video.

Eitherway this was a great pilot test on making a music video and it is useful so I am grateful that we did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Component 3: Final Piece

This blog post, written by me (Nayana), contains the final piece of our music promotion package project. Music Video   Use this link in case...