Component 3: Online Technical Skill

This blog post, written by me (Nayana) will contain the online technical skills I personally learned throughout making this project. 

Embedding Items on Blogspot

I learned how to embed files in the internet (Google and Youtube). It had me to also use Google Drive as well, in cases for pdf files or slides. This has been applied in the following in a few blogs already; including the statement of intent and the screenplay.


This is done through opening the file in a new window and find embed item link

Google Drawing

I had difficulties when making a layout for multiple pictures neatly especially when Blogspot doesn’t support the ability to have flexible movements with the pictures which made me resort to trying Google Drawing which my teacher recommended; although at first it was a bit confusing, I got the hang of it after some experience and used it in some posts already, including the branding research.


This helped my blog to be cleaner and neater as the pictures are now more organized and concise. 

Canva

I use Canva for the same purpose as Google Drawing but after trying both, I prefer using Canva to compile all pictures as I can keep progress of all edits in one file which I find much more convenient.

Basic Photoshop

For one of the idea my teacher proposed for our digipak cover require Photoshop. So I had to search Google on how to do some skills to recreate the concept. We ended up not using it as it didn't fit what we are trying to do.

Audacity

I learned how to use Audacity to edit the song for our teaser. I had to find a way to convert the song in laptop, then I found we can convert YouTube to MP3.




many websites can convert to MP3 but I chose to use this website

https://y2meta.app/en22/youtube-to-mp3



After converting, I tried to export the music to Audacity but for some reason, it didn't want to process


And I didn't understand what it meant so I tried converting the audio file again to be MP3 using a different website

https://online-audio-converter.com/

After doing this, then I was able to edit the song. I have previous knowledge of this software so I was able to do simple editing like cropping the song and moving the audio. But I wanted to have a fade-in/fade-out sound effect so I searched online how to do it. 

Using this website

MP3 to MP4

Blogger doesn't allow users to embed MP3 files so I had to convert the MP3 of our teaser audio to MP4


I used this website






Reflection:
I have learned my technical skills online for this project, which some would definitely come in handy in the future. I'm happy that other than the skills this shoot taught me production-wise, I could learn skills for other aspects that can be used in other than production. But I wished I explored more with softwares and learning skills which I might have regret though was understandable. In near future, I would love to learn more online technical skills that could help my production and daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Component 3: Final Piece

This blog post, written by me (Nayana), contains the final piece of our music promotion package project. Music Video   Use this link in case...